When you hear the term “mini-fridge” what sorts of images come to mind? Maybe you see a small fridge you had in your bedroom as a kid, in your dorm room during college, your workshop /garage at home, or maybe you see a mini bar fridge? Whatever images this brings to mind, there are a wide variety of options available and an endless list of uses for mini portable fridges, especially a portable version. Maybe this is because there are so many possibilities, both in places to put one and also reasons to use one. Keeping this versatility in mind, it is no wonder that over the years and decades these convenient little household appliances have evolved through many generations of designs, functions, and available features.
Also read: Best Liquid Hand Soaps
List Of Top 10 Best Mini Portable Fridges in 2021 Reviews
10. Dometic CFX 40W 12v Electric Powered Mini Portable Fridges
Dometic CFX electric compressor powered portable refrigerator/freezer combination provides top-notch efficiency and cooling performance. Considering that they are top of the line, neither indoor nor outdoor temperatures have much impact on the cooling abilities of these little powerhouses. But don’t get confused, powerhouse is simply a term of endearment. In reality, these advanced mini appliances require bare minimal power consumption in order to offer up their peak performance.
- The CFX series provides a line with 8 different powered options.
- From 28 all the way up to 100 Watts.
- Deep freeze down to a whopping -7 degrees Fahrenheit.
- All but the 28W are WiFi compatible- providing a temp control and monitoring application right from your cell phone. Has temperature memory presets.
- Can operate on either 12/24V DC or 120V AC- for connecting to either household or vehicle power supplies. Also, suitable for solar-powered operation.
- USB charging port built-in for charging all those portable devices anywhere the need may arise.
- Heavy-duty reinforced design and components.
- The only drawback is drain plug is pulled out/push in, instead of the optimal threaded version.
9. Alpicool C20 Portable Refrigerator 12/24V DC
Sporting cavernous 16, 21, 23, 42, and even 53 Quart capacities, this wonderful portable refrigerator offers multiple models designed to meet the needs of any individual or group, all of which are available and at your disposal. So just pick the one that will meet whatever specific needs may have arisen in your plans, travels, projects, etc… Keep in mind that you can always have one size for the car, another for the boat, and a large backup fridge in your RV.
- Comes in 5 sizes from 16qt, 21qt, 23qt, 42qt, all the way up to 53qt.
- Deep freeze down to-4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3 stage car battery protection system to prevent unintentionally running down the car battery.
- Vibration-resistant design protecting fridge elements while moving (down those rough back roads for example).
- High-efficiency compressor with 2 modes (ECO and HH).
- Can only run on 12/24V DC (although this does include the possibility of a solar setup).
8. VBENLEM 30L, 40L, or 50L Mini Portable Fridges
Offering a variety of important features, this model is available in 3 size options which include 30L, 40L, and also 50L. If you choose the correct size, then you can put in enough drinks and food in order to satisfy the appetites of a medium to large-sized group with ease. Considering that there should be enough room to remain organized throughout any group function. Also, the cutting edge compressor technology used in this portable chest freezer means that using only a minimal 40-50W power supply, it can quickly cool down to -20.
- 12/24V DC and 110V AC power supply options.
- 3 size options: 30L, 40L, and 50L.
- Power Consumption: 0.2kw.h/24h.
- Deep freeze down to -20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Minimal power consumption.
- Thick high-density foam insulation and sealed inner liner can keep the temp steady for 72hours without power supply.
- USB charging port for all your portable electronics.
- Consumer reviews report it is not as lightweight as comparable competitor’s models (e.g. not as portable as it could be).
7. COSTWAY Portable Refrigerator, 32 Quart (30 L) Compressor Freezer
Unique from many other modern designs of portable mini-fridges, this model has two area compartments separated by an internal divider.
So that is can offer one area for refrigeration and one area which is supposed to be used for freezing items. In addition, it comes fully equipped with 2 independent operational settings. The first of which is called HH mode (pretty much a high tech term that means extra fast cooling) and ECO (energy saving) mode. Add to that, it has an easy-to-operate display panel and the easy-to-adjust controllable temperature range is -13°F to 50°F.
- 32qt/30L compressor freezer.
- 12/24V DC and 110/240V AC power supply options.
- 45W rated powder level.
- 3 level battery protection.
- 2 cooling mode settings (fast or energy saving).
- 2 Separate cooling compartments (one for refrigeration and the other for deep freeze).
- Only available in one size, which is relatively small compared to competitor’s models.
6. Engel MR040F-U1 40 Qt AC/DC Portable Tri-Voltage Fridge/Freezer w/ABS Plastic Shell
A portable top opening mini fridge freezer combo that comes ready to operate on either 12/24V DC through a vehicle power supply or on a 110V/120V AC for hooking up to a household system. Next, because sometimes you may be confronted with a breath of salt air, and even though it could feel like it’s embracing you first thing in the morning, it can be extremely tough on steel. That’s why Engel offered us the Engel MR040.
- 40 Qts (internal dimensions: 14.5″x 10.5″x 14.4″).
- Runs on 12/24V DC and/or 110/120V AC.
- Made of extremely durable hardened ABS plastic body, it was designed for marine applications to be rustproof and corrosion resistant, weighs approx. 48lbs empty.
- Highly efficient (approx. 60% more efficient during average use) Engel Swing Motor offers Low Amp Draws, even during initial start-up.
- The vibration was resistant for continued performance even under extreme conditions.
- Automatic voltage selection between AC & DC power- with priority given to AC.
- Manufacturer based in Thailand and some consumers complain about the difficulty they encounter when trying to correct an issue or make a claim under the factory warranty.
5. Alpicool C15 Mini Portable Fridges
The highly-rated C15 model comes available in a wide variety of different sizes. These include the 16qt, 21qt, 23qt, 42qt, and the 53qt. Considering all the available options, it is possible for you to pick out just the right one that will fit your personal needs and desires. Whether you’re off to the park for a picnic or planning to be on the road camping for months, the new C15 portable fridges are an invaluable addition to your arsenal when it comes to keeping your food fresh and your drinks cold! First and foremost, this is because it’s capable of being powered from either a 12V or a 24V car battery.
- 5 sizes available in this model: 16qt, 21qt, 23qt 42qt, and the monster 53qt.
- Runs on 12V/24V battery or solar systems.
- 3 stage battery protection system prevents your car battery from being depleted/run down.
- Able to run perfectly fine on angles of up to a whopping 45 degrees from horizontal.
- Highly efficient compressor equipped with 2 settings (ECO & HH).
- Digital control panel on the exterior with electronic temperature control.
- *Only* runs on 12V/24V batteries or solar panels
4. Portable Refrigerator 12L Mini Fridge Cooler Freezer Drug Insulin Vaccine Refrigerator
Interestingly, the voltage at which this refrigerator works at home is on 220V because the 110V is not working properly but in addition, the 12V option works perfectly fine. Keeping in mind, the most suitable storage temperature for most drugs i4s 2-8°C, and too high or too low temperature can affect the efficacy of medications. It is for this reason that this model of portable mini fridge is ideal for a variety of occasions, including road trips, picnics, lunch at the beach, day trips to the lake, and fun summer festivals.
- Operates on either 12V DC or 220V (with AC adaptor).
- Deep freeze can reach down to -10 degrees Centigrade.
- The small size makes it even more portable than another mini fridge/freezer combos.
- Made with safe durable ABS plastic- making it corrosion resistant and rustproof.
- 2 power settings: 50W (Normal Edition) & 60W (Enhanced Edition).
- Very small size at 12L (36cm x 28cm x 30cm).
- Does not work on a standard household 110V AC power supply.
3. Ausranvik 26-Quart or 37-Quart Portable Fridge
The best portable fridge for your car is right here, so look no further. With so many improvements incorporated in the design, travel, camping, and living on the road are now so much more streamlined and easier. The first of which is that the advanced design includes two separate compartments, one smaller 6” wide refrigerated area and a large, deep freezer area- which are kept apart by an interior partition.
- 26qt & 37qt size options.
- Deep freeze down to -4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3 stage battery protection system, automatically shuts off when the input voltage dips lower than the power setting.
- 2 power settings (ECO or MAX Cooling).
- Operates efficiently with minimal power consumption.
- A long power access cord allows for placement anywhere in your vehicle.
- The USB port on the control panel for charging portable electronic devices (e.g. cellphone).
- The two separate sections are arranged counterintuitively, with the smaller section the fridge and the larger portion being the deep freeze.
2. F40C4TMP Portable Refrigerator 20 Quart or 53 Quart
Designed with a focus on reliability, performance, efficiency, and quality this electric car freezer has deep freeze ability that can reach down to -8 degrees Fahrenheit. With plenty of quality features, the first of which is the LED display control panel which offers temperature control buttons, USB charging port, USB interface port, unlock/lock switch/button, and digital temperature display area.
- 2 sizes; 20qt or monster 53qt.
- Dual power supply options; 12V/24V DC or 110V-240V AC.
- Digital Thermostat control, USB interface port, and USB charging port.
- 2 power settings/modes (MAX- fast cooling & ECO- Energy Saving).
- Aluminum Alloy Chamber allows for rapid cooling.
- Squat 20qt size may fit anywhere inside a vehicle but it doesn’t allow much room for cooling multiple items
1. Geckoes 23 Quart Portable Refrigerator Car Fridge Freezer Compact Refrigerator
A high-quality portable refrigerator is designed for the convenient organizing of items. Furthermore this model ideal for home, car, boat, or even camp use containing a host of features. First of all, this freezer incorporates the two-tier power levels; fast cooling and/or energy-saving- and is easy to choose with the setting you want to use on an easy-to-operate control panel.
- Medium-sized build at 32 Quarts has 2 built-in chambers- 1 for freezing & 1 for cooling.
- The capacity of 57 330ml beer bottles or 14 750ml red wine bottles.
- Easy to operate display panel shows the temperature setting (-13 degrees thru 50 degrees Fahrenheit).
- 3 level battery protection design to conserve the integrity of your vehicle’s battery.
- Made of ABS plastics.
- While the compressor is a “quiet” model, it is not the `whisper` model compressor used in most of the other comparable portable freezers.
Buyers Guide To Portable Freezers.
So, when you are ready to make a purchasing decision regarding your next portable refrigerator there are a few key factors you will want to focus on and pay especially close attention to. First of all, is where will you be transporting this appliance? Where in your vehicle, RV, or boat will it be stored? This is imperative to figure out the first thing because it determines what sized model you will be in the market for.
Once this issue has been settled and you know the size of the freezer you are looking for you need to consider what your power source is going to be… will it change from location to location? Finally, you should think long and hard as to the special features each product offers that separate it from all the others.
Read more: Best Vitamix Blenders