If you live in the countryside, then you will understand that firewood is part of your daily life. You use it for cooking as well as for warming yourself. Most especially in the coldest seasons, we tend to migrate to the warmer houses and light a fire by the fireplace to increase the warmth. By this action, we are forced to keep log splitters to splitting more and more firewood.
But surely, when your hands are freezing, can you steadily hold an axe or mallet? To make sure that you have enough firewood no matter what season it is, you will need a log splitter. Log splitters are made to assist you to make perfect pieces of firewood for in-house use. With one, you will not need an axe or a mallet, all you will require is maybe another piece of firewood.
These are the 10 best log splitters in the market today. Their unique qualities ensure that you get the value for your money.
Table of the Best Log Splitters Reviews
9-CARMYRA Wood Kindling Splitter Firewood Kindling Splitter
Carmyra wood kindling splitters ensure you make the work easier for you. With less effort, you can easily split pieces of firewood for into your fireplace. This wood splitters are safe to use as they don’t have a sharp end and you don’t require anything sharp either to split firewood. This ensures that you can leave it around children.
- They are safe to use as you don’t have any sharp edges or pieces that can fall off as you split firewood.
- Weigh around 10lbs making them portable to even your camping trip or in your cabin near the mountain or lake.
- Offers a 100% money guarantee for when you are not happy with the product.
- Can be easily stored anywhere.
Read More: 10 Best Electric Edgers Reviews
8-THE TIMBER DOWN CO. Kindling Splitter, Firewood Splitter
The best splitting wood device is here. With zero maintenance cost, you will be able to easily split firewood faster and neatly into four pieces. With fewer chances of hurting yourself or others, all you need to do is place a piece of log and push it in using a blunt object. This way you can even tell the young ones to help out by using a harmer and they will find it easy and fun.
- It is built if high cast iron which is durable and strong.
- Has a 9*8 ring to hold down a medium-sized log.
- The top blade is removable to offer you splitting options from 4 to 2.
- It is effortless and easier to use more than an axe. It is also safe as it doesn’t use or require any sharp objects.
7-WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
Splitting logs can be a lot of work which can easily strain your back. To reduce this stretching, use the WEN log splitter that can be placed high with its own stand and you can collect the split firewood easily on a wheelbarrow. This ensures that your back is not strained by vigorously using an axe to cut logs. You can stand and let the machine do the work for you.
- Has a 34-inch stand for you to use when you need as it is removable.
- They have a 15A motor that provides 13,000 pounds of log cracking pressure.
- Can quickly split logs of 10 inches in diameter.
- Have a pull handle and wheels for easy transportation to your point of need.
6-SUN JOE LJ10M 10-Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter, Green
When you purchase firewood from loggers or you just down a tree, the end result is large pieces of firewood that are not probably dry or are somehow too big to fit anywhere. For a chance to make them perfect, Sun Joe ensures to have the best log splitter with enough hydraulic power for even the hardest piece of wood.
- Can split logs of up to 18 inches long and 8 inches wide giving you the power to split those logs that you couldn’t split by axe.
- Have a steel frame construction for strength and durability.
- For you to easily move it around, it has a couple of wheels that don’t deflate easily.
- They are easy to reset to fit the next log of wood you place on it.
5-KINDLING CRACKER Kindling Cracker Firewood Splitter
The kindling cracked us designed in and a way that no matter how shaky you are with the hammer, you will always hit the wood on the right place. It is so safe that you have zero chances of harming yourself or another person with it. All you have to do is place the wood in and hammer it a few times and it gets split into several pieces.
- Are made of high cast iron that doesn’t rust, crack or break easily.
- It is safe to use even for the young one as there is no sharp blade moving around your fingers or over your head.
- Can fit logs of 6.5 inches in diameter and 12 inches in height.
- You can split with one hand using a blunt object of any kind to push the wood in.
4-SPEED FORCE Log Splitter Kindling Splitter Firewood
Instead of using a swinging hatchet, which can easily break the holding handle or come off while swinging, it is easier to use the speed force log splitter. All you need is a log base to place it on and then you place a piece of wood under and within the blink on an eye, your logs are split perfectly without much energy.
- Produces up to 14 tons of splitting pressure thus ensuring it breaks the log in to pieces with just one push.
- Consists of one piece of cast iron to support the other pieces and ensure disability.
- Are made through advanced coating process and spraying plastic that reduces the chance of rusting.
- They are designed in a way that you can easily dismantle them for storage.
3-CARMYRA Wood Kindling Splitter Firewood Kindling Splitter
When you are splitting logs, it is not always easy to reach the top side of the splitter. For easy splitting, the Carmyra can be bent to an angle favourable to you so that you can easily place in your wood and split as you like. Also, you can dismantle it, to enable you to sharpen the cutter if it is not working well.
- Has a 1-year limited warranty for faulty or unhappy returns.
- With connecting screws, you can easily dismantle it or reassemble it before and after storage to perform your various duties.
- They are easy to move around as they weigh at a mere 10lbs. This enables you to move to anywhere you need.
- They are strong and durable and can handle any kind of wood when you need it to.
2-POWERHORSE WOOD SPLITTER
In case you are running an Inn in the outskirts of town, power horse would be ideal for your firewood problems. With this splitter, you will be sure to cut more splitters in a matter of minutes without wasting time. This keeps your supply full for all your guests, especially in the cold season. You can easily get more in a short while.
- The auto-return saves you time when you have to cut more firewood.
- The heavy-duty pivot design allows you to easily transition from vertical to horizontal axis when cutting.
- Has a bolt-on cradles that centre logs and prevents them from rolling off.
- They have a durable and strong grade I-beam that ensures your log are crushed well instead of crushing the machine.
1-SPEECO POWER PRO Log Splitters
Seeing as not all your firewood is located in your backyard, you will require a log splitter that can be attached to your truck for long-distance rides. Powerpro is strong and durable machines that contain a boxed tongue that can be attached to your truck when you are going deep in the forest or those wood sellers. This way you can collect firewood and cut splits at the same time making work easier.
- Can split logs of up to 9 inches long giving you ample space for even the smallest wood.
- Comes with a 3-year quality assurance warranty.
- They have strong 8 inch wheels for easy transportation.
- Uses fuel to pump the valves steel horses to ensure perfect splitting.
- The patented log cradle is strong and big enough to hold a log without falling off from the force of the splitter plate.
Even with our human strength, we still require a capable helping hand when splitting logs. These top 10 log splitters are enabled, each in their own unique way to ensure that you use little effort in getting your desired results. This enables you to enjoy a warm evening without feeling the aching joints from splitting wood. It also leaves your space neat and ready for the next time you decide to split some wood.