The concept of electric cars is pretty popular but there still lies one problem. There are very few charging stations for these cars. Thus, whenever you plan on a sudden ride, you not only need to keep the charge high but also be fully prepared. So, what’s the solution? Electric car charging stations will be your very own station where you can charge your vehicle and some time, it’s portable as well.
However, not all charging stations are compatible with all the car models. In order to obtain full knowledge, refer to our article. Know about the electric car charging stations benefits and much more.
Top 10 Best Electric Car Charging Stations Reviews
10. MUSTART Level 2 Charging Station
Mustart provides you with a high-end EV charger that is fast, efficient and would last you for really long. Being a 32 amp charger, it can charge up your car with twice the speed compared to competitor brands. It, in fact, provides low 16 amp level 2 chargers.
If you have a level 1 charger, then this is the perfect upgrade. As a result, it cuts down significantly on your charging time. Since it has the SAEJ1772 standard, it is compatible with most EVs on the market and with the Tesla adaptor. Now, you can even charge your model X.
- LED indicators show the status of the charging station.
- The electric car charging station’s LCD screen shows you various valuable information. These are charging voltage, current, output power, operating temperature and more.
- It comes with a bunch of free mounting hardware.
9. JuiceBox Pro 32 Smart Electric Vehicle
Unlike most charging stations JuiceBox brings you a smart and innovative way of charging your electric vehicle. On the box, it has LED indicators that tell you about things like charging and connectivity status. But the best part about this product is its app-based control.
You can control and see all the information related to the charger via your smartphone. With the app, you don’t need to move a muscle. Just schedule a charging time from your phone and monitor everything from charging data to live access. It is also extremely safe and power-efficient with certifications from both UL and Energy Star.
- Highly durable and fit for outdoor use since it has a waterproof enclosure made from lightweight aluminum.
- The waterproof electric car charging station is controlled via your voice since it works with Amazon Alexa.
- The 24-feet cable is thick and provides more than enough insulation for the electrical wires inside.
8. ChargePoint Home Electric Car Charger
ChargePoint brings to you a smart charging station that can help you to live your life more instead of waiting by the timer and waiting for your EV’s batteries to reach full capacity. The universal level 2 charger is compatible with cars from the most famous EV makers. These include Tesla and Toyota to Chevrolet and BMW.
If you combine it with an Echo device you can even control it with your voice via Amazon Alexa. You can also schedule your car for charging after peak hours with the user-friendly ChargePoint app.
- Backed by an industry-leading warranty of 3 years so that you can make a worry-free purchase.
- The electric car charger with Wi-Fi is certified by Energy Star. Hence, it is power efficient and can save you a lot on your energy bill.
- Amazing customer support that is ready to answer all your queries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
7. Siemens US2 VersiCharge (VC30GRYU)
When it comes to electronics Siemens makes some of the finest and safest products in the market. It is a reliable brand for over a century. Firstly, it comes with its own mounting bracket. Therefore, you don’t have to waste your time, energy and money on a nearby hardware store.
Furthermore, a high-quality build can operate in all sorts of climate. While using it, be within the temperature range of -30 degrees Celsius to 50 degrees Celsius. Siemens also stands by their product unlike other manufacturers and has covered this charger under a 3 year warranty period. That’s why you can buy it without any hesitation
- Proudly made in the state of California with high-quality standards.
- The cable of the universal electric car charging station is 20ft.
- With the delay function, you can set up a charging schedule for after 2 to 8 hours.
6. Zencar Level Electric Car Charging Stations
This charger from Zencar comes with all the necessary features that will suffice your needs. You can use it both as a level-2 charger and a level-1 charger with the help of the included adaptor. So, even if you own an old EV that can’t take advantage of faster level 2 charging, you can still use this product.
Later on, even if you upgrade to a new EV model, the charger will come in handy. And it all due to its wide range of compatibility. When this is working with 240 Volts, it can add range to your car as fast as 11 miles with every hour.
- High flame resistance with a rating of UL94V-0 and also has a high resistance against water damage.
- The portable electric car charging station weighs just over 8 pounds.
- It is easy to install with the included accessories and hardware.
5. Leviton EVR40-B25 Green Charging Station
Leviton is offering you an incredible charging station of high build quality. It is also backed up with a limited warranty period of 2 years. This shows the brand’s confidence in their product quality and workmanship. Even if there is a minor fault in the supply line, this charger has a useful auto-reclosure feature.
As a result, it automatically restarts charging after the minor fault is over. So there are very low chances of you driving out with an undercharged car. It also has a ground monitor interrupter. This takes care of the safety and breaks the circuit in case there is any problem.
- Several measures that prevent damage from issues like voltage or current spikes.
- Long 25 feet cable is more than enough for reaching the charging socket of your car.
- This 40 amp charger has an impressive output of 9.6 kilowatts.
4. BougeRV Level 2 EV Charger Cable
BougeRV has made their charger to be compliant with SAE J1772 2010 standard. So it has universal compatibility with most plug-in electric vehicles in the North American market. Whether you own a Chevy, Nissan, BMW or Fiat, most of their EVs that have come out in recent years are compatible with this charger. So even guest who stays over can charge their electric vehicles without an issue.
Unlike other manufacturers, it has a lightweight and compact control box. In fact, it has LED indicators for showing you status information and even has an IP55 rating. So you can install it in your garage or make an outdoor charging station
- It is made to be lightning proof and is even protected during voltage spikes.
- It comes with a sturdy carry case and with a complimentary 5-15 adapter.
3. Morec EV Charging Station
Installing this on your garage wall is easier than most due to the simple and easy to follow instructions. With the reference paper, you can plan out the installation position so that there are no mistakes in the process. It has convenient markings for drilling holes and even the drill bits you need to use.
No need to call for expensive professional help. In some areas, theft might be an issue. To solve that issue, it comes with a control box that has a slot for securing it with a padlock. So, your station is always safe and secure, since the lock acts as a potent visual deterrence for prying eyes.
- Pins on the plug are plated with copper-silver, to prevent dust absorption and sparks.
- The charging station is super strong due to the aluminum alloy casing and panel made from PC material.
- The curved frame has no sharp edges so that children don’t get scratched.
2. DUOSIDA Level Vehicle Charger 240V
It is time for a charging station upgrade and Duosida has just the right product for you. This charger from the brand can give you three times the charging speed of common level 1 chargers. And has a wide range of compatibility with EVs like the Prius, Volt, Ford Energi and more.
Even using the charger to plug has a satisfying and comfortable feeling due to its ergonomic and contoured handle design. Finally, it has a flexible button push button that makes plugging in and out easier than using a gas pump.
- You can buy this charger without any worries since it is covered by a 12 month warranty period.
- With an IP55 rating, rain, dust and other elements of nature can’t harm it easily. It is perfectly fit for outdoor use.
- It has several safety features like flame resistance and over current protection.
1.ClipperCreek HCS-40 Charging Station
With this charger from ClipperCreek, you’ll be able to decrease your charging time phenomenally. Now have more fun while driving the car instead of letting it sit in the garage charging for an eternity. This level 2 charger can give you charging a speed boost that is as high as 5 times compared to the stock cord set that comes with your EV.
Moreover, it is robust enough for both indoor and outdoor use. It has a compact size so that it doesn’t hog up all your wall space. However, it has a 25-feet long cable, therefore, you can get the flexibility that you need.
- For efficient and clean cable management, the cable wrap is integrated with the charger.
- With a wattage of over 7 kilowatts, your car enjoys a rapid charging time.
Keep yourself fully equipped for emergency situations when on an electric car. Hence, buy an electric car charging stations so that you can charge your priceless possession whenever you want.