You may have faced issue of a laggy internet while using some heavy software or online video games. It can give you a bad experience. We are trying to put forward some of the best USB WI-FI ADAPTERS in 2020 you can choose from. They all are good but some of them can perform exceptionally well in some situations.
What do you look for in a Wi-Fi Adapter:
Theses are some of the common factors you look for while buying a USB Wi-Fi adapters.
- A good adapter should be compatible with every device. It can be rated on base of compatibility with both windows and Mac computers.
Range of router:
- This is another important factor. The range of router should be good enough so that it doesn’t compel you to sit in one place.
Speed of router:
- This can be most important factor to analyse whether a router fits among the best or not.
Process to Install:
- A good router must be easy to setup and use.
- Based on some of the factors above and few others some of the best USB WI-FI adapters can be:
Also read : Best WiFi Routers
List Of Top 10 Best USB Wi-Fi Adapters in 2020 Reviews
10. Azio AWU212N-IEEE-802-11n-draft- USB WI-FI Adapters
A USB Wi-Fi adapters that comes in a small packing and its very lightweight. If you want a good USB Adapter with a stylish look and good performance then it can be a good choice. This device manually allows you to configure the settings and change wireless options. The device comes with the feature of software AP which allows you to setup the device for out of range network. You can do it in some easy steps following user manual.
It has a rated speed of 300 mbps and it can come with up to two years of warranty.
It can provide good speed and it is compatible with both windows and Mac computers. The device can provide a good range where you can get a strong connection.
- Lightweight with stylish look.
- Maximum rated speed of 300 Mbps
- Two years warranty.
- High compatibility with devices.
- High speed device
- Good range and performance.
- Easy to setup and install.
- Additional features of software AP.
- Wireless feature not compatible with windows 7.
9. ASUS USB-N53 DUAL-BAND Wireless-N Adapter:
The ASUS USB-N53 comes with dual band and operates at 5GHz and 2.4GHz both. It can give users an ultimate experience of throughput. It can be your device if you never want your online games to lag behind. Because of flexibility in its dual band it can provide high performance.
The antenna design of the device makes it even better with better coverage. It can provide powerful transmission of signals which enables user to connect in a wide range.
This device is very easy to setup. You can simply install driver and rest can be followed easily. You can easily manage your connection quality and choose your frequency bands. This device also gives guest networks and you can control the access of it.
It can give about 85 Mb/s speed with 5GHz and also works exceptionally well for 2.4GHz frequency band.
This device also has an Software AP mode that enables it to provide access to other users.
- Dual band flexibility and good throughput.
- Unique antenna design for better coverage.
- Share Wi-Fi with other user using Software Ap.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Powerful signal transmission.
- Good range and high speed.
- Features of soft Ap.
- Works with dual band.
- Useful configuration settings.
- Low profile configuration utility.
8. INTELLINET IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless 150N USB Wi-Fi Adapters
The Intellinet USB adapter is a compact, lightweight device which can easily connect to any computer. The device has the ability to pick the speed up to 150 Mb/s which can give you an ultimate experience of online gaming and live streaming. The device uses latest technology and comes with a 150N adapter. It also comes with strong 20 dBm power rating.
- Maximum rated speed of 150 Mbps.
- Improved network through multiple access points.
- Powerful antenna design.
- High power rating for adapter.
- High speed, good performance.
- Ability to upgrade wireless network.
- Throughput can depend on environmental factors.
7. NETGEAR Dual-Band USB Wi-Fi Adapters AC1200( A6210):
NETGAR Dual-band Adapter comes with number of distinguishing features. It uses an open standard called beamforming and the purpose of this feature is to improve the existing speeds and reliability of the device.
If you have an NETGEAR adopter then you can also take advantage of beamforming+ using your NETGEAR wireless adapter.
The device comes with a relatively large size antenna can be flipped up easily and helps to improve the range of device and adopter has capability to work on both frequency bands 2.4GHz and 5GHz and can hit speed of 300 Mbps and 900 Mbps on different bands respectively. This device is a 3.0 USB but also has backward compatibility and unique design of antenna improves speed. At 5GHz it can reach very near to the maximum rated speed of 900 Mbps.
- Works with beamforming and beamforming+ technology.
- Large size flipped up antenna with improved range.
- High rated speed of 900 Mbps.
- 0 device with backward compatibility with 2.0.
- Latest technology, high speed, unique design.
- Ability to hit maximum rated speed.
- Large size antenna.
- Vulnerable to knock out of port
- Not easy to install.
6. StarTech.com USB 802.11N 300 Mbps Wireless Network Adapter:
The device has the ability to connect almost every computer. The USB device comes with multiple transmitters and receivers along with multiple inputs and multiple outputs. Addition to compatibility with existing wireless networks it also gives backward compatibility.
It can give a data transfer rate of more than 250 Mbps and can give a maximum range of more than 450 feet indoors and more than 1100 feet in open area. It can come with a lifetime warranty.
The device is easy to setup by just installing some drivers and utilities and also works well in different environmental temperatures. It can work well with multiple operating systems. The device can support WMM-PS quality service.
- Good indoor and outdoor range with maximum speed of 250Mbps.
- Comes with drivers and disk to make installation easy.
- Supports WMM-PS quality service.
- Comes with lifetime warranty.
- High speed and performance
- good indoor and outdoor range
- easy to use.
- lifetime technical support.
- Issues connecting to 5G
- Range issues
The adapter comes in a beautiful design with a diamond shape led which gives it a premium look. The device is compatible with both frequency bands that are 2.4GHz and 5GHz also it works with 3×3 system of Antenna providing a good range for strong connection. The maximum speed for the USB is about 450 Mbps.
The device has the ability to automatically locate drivers and install them in modern systems but if you are using older systems then it may not work same and you may be required to download some drivers.
The device has the ability to give good strength signals on multiple floors of a building. It also has the capability to reach near the maximum rated speed which can be quite high. It can work equally good and provide high speed for both the frequency bands.
The device comes with MIMO(multiple inputs and multiple output) technology. It is also compatible with multiple operating systems and comes with warranty of an year.
- Dual compatibility with frequency bands.
- Maximum rated speed of 450 Mbps.
- Ability to locate and install drivers automatically.
- High compatibility and multiple operating system.
- Comes with one year warranty.
- Easy automatic setup installation
- Good signal strength on multiple floors.
- Ability to hit maximum rated speed
- Efficient performance on both frequency bands.
- Issues of installation with older systems.
- Lacking new customization features.
4. NETGEAR WNA 3100 Wireless-N 300 USB Adapter:
The device come with a decent design and weight. It works on frequency band of 2.4 GHz with orthogonal frequency division multiplexing spectrum. It can transfer data at a maximum speed of 300 Mbps. The device also comes with NETGEAR genie App which can make it easier to use.
The device can help you to manage all the connections as it has a parental control system which can give you a control over all the connected users and adapter also has a good security system.
- Works with frequency band of 2.4 GHz.
- Comes NETGAR genie app to make things easier.
- Parental control system and control over connected users.
- 0 device compatible with windows 7.
- Good speed and performance.
- Not compatible with all the operating systems.
3. TP-LINK TL-WN723N Wireless N USB Adapter:
The device comes with nice packaging with a hard plastic material for protection. You can easy install drivers using disk that comes along with adapter. Installation is quite easy and quick. You can access internet very quickly comparing to some of the devices which have multiple drivers to download and install which can take a lot time.
It can give speed up to 150 Mbps which can be good enough for gaming environment and live streaming. It works well with multiple operating systems and comes with wireless security encryption. This device also comes with the feature of “Soft AP” which means that you can share internet connection with other users as well.
- Maximum rated speed of 150 Mbps.
- Wireless security encryption.
- Ability to share Wi-Fi with other users.
- Small size device.
- Easy to carry around.
- Easy installation and use
- Comes with a “Soft AP” feature..
- Do not achieve rated speed.
- Range issues.
2. Alfa AC 1900 USB Wi-Fi Adapters 1900 Mbps:
The device is a 3.0 adapter and also works with 2.0 due to its backward compatibility. The device comes with a USB 3.0 cable and a nice suction cup which allows to stick the device anywhere you want. It comes with 4 antennas which are adjustable to get optimum signals. It works on multiple operating systems.
The device comes with a disk which has drivers to make installation easy. You can install and set it up following some simple instructions. It works with the frequency band of 5GHz. The device has a rated speed of 1900 Mbps and it can hit most part of it and also gives ability to multiple users to access the Wi-Fi. The range of the device can be more than 450 feet in open area but due to interference in the closed area it can reduce drastically.
- 0 device with backward compatibility with 2.0.
- 4 adjustable antenna’s for optimum signals.
- Comes with disk for easy installation.
- Maximum rated speed of 1900 Mbps with 450 feet range in open area.
- universal compatibility with different operating systems.
- Easy to set up and install.
- Comes with 4 high gain antennas.
- good for online streaming and games.
- Does not hit rated speed.
1. WICOMMFI USB 3.0 Wireless adapter 1200 Mbps:
The device is an alternative of wired internet connections. It works perfectly with different operating systems. The rated speed of the device is 1200 Mbps. The device is a lightweight equipment that comes WPS encryption which makes connectivity much easier.
- Maximum rated speed of 1200 Mbps.
- Compatible with multiple operating systems.
- WPS encryption with and better connectivity.
- Good speed, performance and compatibility.
- Good reviews and customer’s satisfaction.
- Hard to set up for new users.
What factors should you consider while buying a USB Wi-Fi adapters?
Some of the important factors you need to consider while buying a USB Wi-Fi adapter can be:
Protocols that a Wi-Fi router follows:
- When buying a router you should consider the transmission protocols of a USB router. If the USB router is 2.0 then it follows the transmission protocol 802.11b which can hit maximum transfer speed of 60 Mbps but if your USB router is a 3.0 then its transmission protocol is 802.11ac and it can hit a maximum speed of 656 Mbps. These speeds for USB 2.0 and 3.0 also depends on the compatibility ports of laptop.
Frequency bands which Wi-Fi adapter uses:
- Wi-Fi adapters can use either frequency band of 2.4GHz or 5GHz but some of the new adapters have the capability to work with both frequency bands so you should buy an adapter which can support both frequency bands.
Buy adapters which provide warranty and technical support:
- Build quality has been a common issue with adapters and they usually don’t last long. You should always buy those adapters which provide warranty and technical support.
Size of adapter:
- You would always want much smaller and convenient adapter which should be easy to carry around if you travel a lot. Size can be an important factor to consider while buying an adapter.
Advise for the potential buyer:
Some of the important factors can be:
An adapter should:
- Work with both frequency bands.
- Compatible with 4 GHz and 5GHz.
- 0 device with backward compatibility.
- Follow transmission protocol 11ac.
Wi-Fi adapters come with variety of features and qualities. Some of them can have better speed and throughput which can facilitate better online gaming experience and streaming and others may have exceptionally good range which can cover good area. The compatibility of your laptop with adapter should be noticed while buying a good device. The flexibility in connection can make it even better as it can jump to multiple speeds. Keeping all these important factors in mind you can choose the best product according to your requirements whether you need better throughput or range it can all depend on you but some of the adapters mentioned in the article are best in the market and you can prefer those you like and if they can fulfil your needs.