After working tirelessly to earn a living or being busy around your home, you deserve a break from your busy schedule. Get out of the house and have fun. There are many activities to engage in to unwind and get your mind off things. Some people love hiking, touring, camping, or going to the beach. Water sports such as snorkeling, diving, swimming, and surfing are thrilling activities as well. It is essential to capture those fun memories for your social media or future reference. If you love water sports, the market has many brands of underwater photography cameras. Manufacturers design them to be waterproof and usable when in the blue waters.
Whenever you experience difficulty deciding which product to buy, you can seek recommendations from experts, friends, family, and colleagues who are already using underwater cameras. However, another way to identify a worthwhile camera is through reading unbiased reviews.
Below are examples of the top 10 best underwater photography cameras to consider purchasing.
List of Top 10 Best Underwater Photography Cameras Reviews in 2020
#10 Campark ACT74, 4K WiFi Underwater Photography Cameras
Compark is a 4K, ultra HD camera offering you a wide range of accessories. It utilizes a 170-degree view angle, which is wide enough to capture more subjects in a frame. It comes with two, 900 mAh rechargeable batteries and mounting kits.
- The camera has Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to link it with your iOS or Android phone for remote control. Therefore, you can use your phone to operate the camera and also share images on social media in real-time.
- The view angle is adjustable at various angles (170, 140 110, or 70 degrees) to enable you to take photos and videos from different perspectives. Compark is 3o meters/ 98 feet waterproof to let you swim or surf as you shoot stills and videos without worrying about water damage. You can also use it outside water bodies when cycling or driving, for example. Set it up on your helmet, wrist, car, or bike using the provided mounting kits.
#9 AKASO V50 Pro Native 4K30fps 20MP WiFi Action Camera
With Akaso, the company provides a product that is 100 feet waterproof. It can work with an external mic to pick water sounds effectively.
- It has an image stabilization capability that ensures you get clear, stable pictures when the camera shakes or tilts. With its distortion calibration, it can enhance images.
- Download an application called iSmart Pro+ on your phone and connect it to the camera. This way, you can instantly share videos and pictures with the world.
#8 Crosstour Action Camera Underwater Cam WiFi 1080P Full HD
Crosstour is a Wi-Fi enabled camera with a 2” LCD screen and a 170-degree view angle. It comes with two 1050 mAh batteries and mounting tools. It is 30 meters/98 feet waterproof to allow you to enjoy various water games.
- iSmartDV is the phone app you use to connect Crosstour to the Wi-Fi. It allows you to take photos, make recordings, view what you have captured, and delete images.
- The product has over 15 accessories to assist you to install it on different things, including your helmet, wrist, and bike. It also has a large 2” LCD for convenient viewing of pictures.
#7 AKASO Brave 4 4K 20MP WiFi Action Camera Ultra HD
Brave 4 is an upgrade of Akaso EK7000. You can use it for 2K and 4K shooting, and it can zoom images too. It uses a 2” IPS display that allows you to preview videos and has a waterproof range of 30 meters or 100 feet below the surface of the water.
- The model provides an adjustable view angle. You can work with 170, 110, 140, or 70 degrees. It offers two 1050 mAh batteries, and each gives you 90 minutes of non-stop recording.
- Use the Akaso DV app to connect the camera to your Phone Wi-Fi.
#6 Dragon Touch 4K Action Camera V3 Underwater Cameras
Like many other best underwater photography cameras, Dragon Touch is a 4K model offering superior quality images.
- The brand has a maximum 1x-4x zoom range and uses App XDV for Wi-Fi connection. You can swim as far as 30 meters into the water with the camera. It has several functions, such as image rotation, diving mode, slow motion, and time lapse.
- It operates on a wide 170-degree view angle and features remote control. Besides, it comes with two batteries for power.
#5 AKASO EK7000 4K WiFi Sports Action Camera
The EK7000 version of Akaso cameras provides 4K image quality and has wireless remote access. A full battery can last for 90 minutes of recording. A package entails two batteries to boost convenience when on the go.
- With a waterproof rating of 100 feet, you can have fun in the water without worrying about damaging your camera.
- It has Wi-Fi and HDMI connections to enhance user-friendliness.
#4 Campark ACT74 Action Camera 4K 30fps WiFi Ultra HD
Compark ACT74 is a 4K camera with a 2” display and a broad view angle to ensure you images include more of the surrounding.
- The camera offers slow motion, time lapse, and loop recording aspects for you to experiment with. You can attach it to your helmet, bike, belt, surfboard, or armband and get to shoot stunning photos and videos.
- With the Wi-Fi connection, you can remotely control the camera for high performance, ease of use, and convenience.
#3 AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera with Touch Screen
The Pro version is another upgrade of the Akaso EK7000. It is a 4K camera providing touch screen use, image stabilization, and remote control. It also has a higher waterproof rating than previous products in the review, standing at 40 meters or 131 feet.
- Being an improvement of another model from the same company, EK7000 Pro presents you enhanced image quality. It utilizes an IPS touch display that is fast and easy to shift through different settings, including playback and preview.
- It boasts of having image stabilization that fosters quality photos and video. The view angle is flexible in letting you choose narrow, super wide, medium, or wide angles to suits your need.
#2 AKASO V50 Pro Special Edition Underwater photography cameras
If you love charity, buy Akaso V50 Pro Special Edition and get to donate to the Access Fund. It is a 4K60 camera with image stabilization and remote control through a Wi-Fi connection.
- Unlike the other eight products above that come with two batteries, the special edition Akaso has three. When you charge them all, you can record more footage with the extra power before recharging the batteries.
- Change the view angle and shoot a variety of images at different viewpoints to make your photo collection and video recording more appealing.
#1 APEMAN Action Camera 4K 20MP Ultra HD Underwater Cameras
What makes Apeman the leading product in the review of 10 best underwater photography cameras? It has a wide view angle of 170 degrees like the rest of the brands. However, it offers 25 mounting kits to make installation easier. That is not all.
- It stays waterproof even when 40 meters deep into the waters. The camcorder has an advanced image stabilization sensor that ensures quality image in case the camera tilts or shakes.
- There are many unfriendly modes to use, including time-lapse and playback. Apeman works with AV, HDMI, and USB output formats to save you much frustration.
Note that all the products above use SD cards of class 10. Besides, you have to format the cards before you start using the cards. You are now in a better position to purchase the right underwater photography cameras. Whether you are an amateur or a professional photographer, you need a camera that works perfectly.
The ten products in the review above are a guide to help you know some of the features to look out for when buying an underwater camcorder. They include image quality, image stabilization, ease of use, and casing material. Purchase your preferred underwater camera and start capturing those memorable, water sports moments.