Working out from home is easy these days thanks to indoor tools such as treadmill and indoor cycling bike that you can use for a cardio workout. An indoor cycling bike is designed to mimic riding a real bike on the road. Compared to other cardio equipment, an indoor exercise bike puts less stress on joints but offers an excellent aerobic workout. With an indoor cycling bike, you can use it as a cardio fitness to do aerobic and cardiovascular conditioning, which improves your blood sugar level, brain functioning, boost energy, and lower stress level. Also, you can use an indoor exercise bike to burn body fat and lose weight.
There are 3 different types of stationary bikes which include dual-action, recumbent, and upright exercise bike. Depending on your workout goals, joint health, and fitness level, you can opt for one stationary bike over the other. Today, the market is flooded with a large variety of indoor bikes which can be overwhelming to choose the right one. In this article, we are going to look at the top 12 best exercise bike in 2020 reviews.
List Of Top 12 Best Exercise Bikes Reviews in 2020 On Amazon.Com
12. pooboo Indoor Cycling Bike
Pooboo D525 Indoor Cycling Bike has a fully adjustable seat as well as handlebars, which makes it suitable for the entire family. The position is 4-way adjustable, meaning that it can be adjusted horizontally front and back accommodating athletes ranging from 4’10” to 6’2”. On the other hand, the handlebar has a multi-grip design which is comfortable for users working out. The built-in LCD screen display shows the speed, time, distance, heart rate, and calories burned. Pooboo Indoor Cycling Bike comes with transportation wheels, which makes it easy to move from one room to another.
- It has a very sturdy construction
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Can support up to 330 pounds
- Has 4-way adjustable seat
- Multi-grip handle
- It is fitted with transport wheels at the front
- Bottle and phone holder included
- The LCD does not come equipped with backlight
11. YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
The YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary has a frame that is constructed from heavy-duty steel, including a flywheel that weighs 35 pounds. It has an LCD monitor that allows you to track your speed, distance, time, calories burned, and odometer. Thanks to the iPad holder, you can enjoy music while at the same time workout. The YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike comes with a 2-way adjustable handlebar and 4-way padded seat that offers rider’s compatibility and comfort. Another feature we like about this exercise bike is the continuous infinite adjustable resistance that mimics real road riding.
- It has a sturdy and heavy-duty steel frame
- Very easy to assemble
- Has a good looking design
- Fully adjustable and comfortable seat
- Comes with a tablet holder that keeps you entertained throughout your workout
- The handlebars are not 4-way adjustable
- It is not friction resistant
10. VIGBODY Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike
VIGBODY Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike has a sturdy construction, which makes it very stable and durable. It features an LCD monitor that helps keep track of your workouts so that you can see the speed, time, calories, distance, and odometer. Also, it has a flywheel that weighs 24.2 pounds and can hold a maximum weight of up to 330 pounds. VIGBODY Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike comes with an adjustable saddle height between 33.5 to 38.5 inches while the handlebar height can be adjusted between 37.8 to 44 inches.
- 4-way adjustable seat
- It has a sturdy construction
- Easy to assemble
- 12 months warranty
- It is affordable
- Comes with an instruction manual which makes sense
- It is noise-free
- Resistance control makes it suitable for users of all skill level
- Pedal installation system makes the exercise bike better
- The LCD monitor is of poor quality
9. JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling
Joroto Belt Drive Indoor Cycling offers a smooth and quiet cycling workout as a result of the belt drive train, high-quality bearing, and magnetic resistance technology. It comes with a 4-way adjustable handlebar and seat that fits users of different height. The Joroto X2 has a monitor that displays distance, speed, time, and calories burned. It does not have a backlight, so you must turn on the lights if you want to check the stats. Another impressive feature is the emergency stop handlebar and brake that makes it safe and convenient to exercise using an indoor cycling bike.
- It has a sturdy construction and aesthetic design
- Can support users of up to 280 pounds
- Fully adjustable handlebars
- Two water bottle holders
- Has a relatively good warranty
- Quiet and durable belt drive train
- Toe caged pedals that are not compatible clipless shoes
- Has a small monitor that makes it difficult to see how your workout is progressing
8. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Bike is an affordable but durable trainer who supports intense workouts. This exercise bike has a 40-pound flywheel that offers quiet and smooth performance. Also, the seat, resistance, and handlebars are adjustable, while the power can be transmitted via a chain. Since the bike has adjustable features, you are less likely to have injuries while using this exercise bike. It is easy and fast to assemble this exercise bike within 30 minutes.
- It is easy to assemble
- Has a quiet operation
- Comes with adjustable seat and handlebars
- Has transport wheels that make it easy to move the bike from one room to another
- It is good looking
- There is no onboard entertainment
- Limited data
- No bottle holders
7. Schwinn Upright Bike Series
Are you looking for an upright bike that is designed for fitness enthusiasts of all skill levels? Then look no further than Schwinn Upright Bike Series. The Schwinn exercise bike 130 Upright Bike comes with user-friendly features that help you get a useful and enjoyable cardio workout. It features a DualTrack LCD screen, which displays 22 workout programs as well as goal tracking. With goal tracking, users can set their exercise goals such as distance, time, and calories. Besides, Schwinn 130 Upright Bike offers 20 levels of resistance that are ideal for a wide variety of workout intensity options.
- It is easy to assemble the bike
- The exercise bike is quiet
- Comes with levels which helps balance the exercise bike on uneven floor
- Equipped with preset programs
- Have accessories like media shelf, fan, water bottle holder, and speakers,
- The console and resistance does not work if t1here is no power
- Has no Bluetooth
6. Marcy Upright Exercise Bike
This Marcy exercise bike is a lightweight exercise bike that weighs 41 pounds and comes with a small footprint. It features a myriad of other features that include a console for feedback on a workout, quiet low maintenance magnetic resistance, and adjustable seat height. One feature we like is the console, which displays the time, distance, speed, calories, and odometer. This stationary bike also has an oversized and padded seat for the comfort of users. Marcy Upright Exercise Bike operates very silently, which makes it suitable for those who want to work out while watching TV.
- Comes with basic console
- It is fast and easy to assemble
- Adjustable seat that accommodates users of all sizes
- Reasonably priced
- The compact exercise bike that is easy to use and store
- Has incremental resistance and 8 marked levels
- Not suitable for users looking for tough workouts
- Not ideal for spinning workouts
5. Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike
Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike is an excellent substitute for standard upright bike and has dual action arms that can be moved back and forth as you pedal so that you can burn more calories while you exercise the upper body and core. It comes with a display monitor that lets you track stats such as speed, distance, time, and calories burned. With this exercise bike, you can adjust the resistance by turning a dial that can be accessed during workouts. Body Rider Exercise Upright Fan Bike has a fan wheel that creates a gentle breeze, which helps you cool while working out.
- Easy and fast to assemble
- Resistance can be manually adjusted using a knob
- Has a strong and durable frame
- It has an affordable price
- Great warranty period
- The display is very helpful
- Requires lots of maintenance
- No built-in workout programs
- No accessories for entertainment or water bottles
- Only suitable for people of the height of 5 ft 5 inch
- Has no transport wheels
4. DeskCycle Under Desk Cycle
As the name suggests, DeskCycle Under Desk Cycle lets users pedal underneath their desks while working. If you don’t have time to go to the gym, you can stay fit in the office by cycling this under desk bike so that you can improve productivity, keep focus, and burn calories. The good thing about this exercise bike is that it works with low desks under 27 inches. Also, it is made to be silent, meaning that you can use it in the office without disturbing others, thus increasing productivity and concentration. This indoor exercise bike comes with a separate console that helps track calories, speed, and time. Another feature worth mentioning about DeskCycle Under Desk Cycle is that it has eight resistance levels, meaning that you can get a good workout from home regardless of your fitness level.
- It is very quiet
- Has a low profile meaning that it can be used below the desk
- It is very portable
- Comes with a separate console
- Has additional adjustability
- Needs better grip
- Not ideal for tall people
- Has unusual pedaling angle
3. EXERPEUTIC 300SR Heavy Duty
EXERPEUTIC 300SR Heavy Duty comes with an extended weight capacity of 300 pounds and a large LCD that indicates speed, time, distance, pulse, scan, and calories burned. Thanks to its semi-recumbent design, it is easy for users to get off and on the exercise bike, providing a comfortable and effective workout. It has eight levels of adjustable magnetic tension that help you get sculpted and toned legs. The handlebars come with hand pulse sensors that target your heart rate zone.
Additionally, this exercise bike has a large seat cushion as well as a backrest that makes it suitable for people with a height that range between 5 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 2 inches. EXERPEUTIC 300SR has a foldable design that can be folded to half its size for storage.
- Easy to use and comfortable
- It runs smoothly and quietly
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- Fitted with wheels for easy transportation
- It has ergonomically contoured seats
- Not suitable for tall people
2. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is one of the top 12 best exercise bike in 2020 reviews. And also its excellent blend of top-quality features and low cost. Moreover, it features heavy-duty construction, including 14 gauge steel tubing with a powder-coated finish. The eight resistance mechanism feature helps you control the difficulty of your training by simulating riding on different terrains as well as customize your workout based on your fitness level. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike features an easy to read LCD screen that displays speed, time, distance, and calories burned.
- Has a comfortable and soft seat
- It has an LCD screen
- Comes with wheels for easy transportation
- The bike is sturdy and strong and can support a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Comes with adjustable foot straps for a snug fit
- The LCD screen has no batteries
1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
Topping this list of best exercise bike in 2020 reviews is Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike. This folding exercise bike is affordable and has an LCD screen display that indicates calories burned, pulse, speed, distance, time, and calories burned. Also, it has hand pulse sensors that monitor your heart rate. The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike has a large seat cushion that is suitable for people of all sizes. It features a flywheel that is precision balanced and gives a stable and smooth performance. Other features that make Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike include a heart rate monitor, water bottle holder, and pedals that can fit any size.
- Have heavy-duty steel frame and a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- It is portable and can be folded to half its size
- Offers a low impact workout
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Adjustable resistance for more difficult workouts
- Comes with wheels that make it easy to transport from one room to another
- Not suitable for intense workouts
- No pre-set workout programs
Buyer’s guide on the best exercise bike
Heart rate monitor
The first feature to look at while choosing the best exercise bike is whether it comes with a heart rate monitor. You can buy indoor exercise bikes without a heart rate monitor then decide to buy a stand-alone heart rate monitor. Alternatively, you can choose a heart rate monitor that comes as a chest strap.
While purchasing the best exercise bike, you must look at its maximum weight. Depending on the exercise bike that you want, the maximum load can vary from 250 pounds to 400 pounds. You should choose an exercise bike that has a maximum weight that suits the entire family.
The other feature to look for is whether the exercise bike is programmable or not. Stationary bikes with programs enable users to adjust their routines based on their fitness level. Also, they come with heart rate controlled workouts, which are based on weight, gender, and age.
The saddle of the exercise bike you want to buy should adjust up and down, forth and back. This is important because it ensures that riders comfortably fit the bike.
You want to choose an exercise bike that is easy to adjust and comes with a variety of workout levels. Most stationary exercise bikes come equipped with an electronic resistance control. It is possible to calibrate resistance controls on an exercise bike electronically.
The final feature to look for while looking for the best exercise bikes are whether they come with a clear display that has easy to use controls. The screen display for an exercise bike shows the heart rate, speed, calories burned, resistance levels, and revolutions per minute.
There is no doubt that exercise bikes are a great form of exercise from home. They work out different muscles in your legs, helping users to perform both low and high-intensity workouts.
If you are looking for an exercise bike, you must consider the above factors. Hopefully, you can find the best exercise bikes to buy from this list of the top 12 best exercise bike in 2020 reviews.
- Can you lose belly fat by riding a stationary bike?
- How long should I ride an exercise bike?