Have you ever been asleep on the bed and couldn’t feel your kid anymore? As parent, this brings some of kind of scare in your sleep as you wonder if your child was taken while you were sleeping. In most cases, children are likely to slip of the bed and due to the rolling of covers that they fall with, they barely feel the pain of falling down. While this is good for some it is very dangerous as it can cause head injuries or other sorts of serious injuries if the kid happens to fall on the wrong side.
You can prevent these kinds of accidents by providing a proofing rail that will keep them on the bed no matter what angle they roll in. These bed rails should be firm to ensure maximum support even when pushed against and should also provide zero spacing between the bed and the rail. This will give enough protection for your baby. Some of these rails are good even for toddlers who are just beginning to learn how to stand on their own as they are made from breathable fabric and their material is usually hypoallergenic.
Also read : Best Portable Power Stations
List Of Top 10 Best Bed Rails for Toddlers in 2020 Reviews
10. MUNCHKIN Bed Rails for Toddlers
As your little one grows, they move from a baby crib to a big bed so they can learn and adjust to sleeping on their own. The Munchkin bed rail is super supportive and gives you enough spacing to protect the baby from falling off even on thick mattresses. These are made for older children between 2 and 5 years who can comfortably sleep on a bigger bed on their own.
- Has strong straps that prevent the toddler from falling off.
- They have push-button hinges.
- Measures 18*36 inches for all kinds of beds
- Are made of polyester and a strong metal frame.
- They are easy to assemble.
- Can be used for all kinds of beds including a queen-size bed.
- Are made for kids between 2-5 years.
- They prevent your kid from falling off the bed.
- Have a classy design to match your kid’s bedroom decor.
- In case of stains, they can’t be bleached.
9. REGALO Bed Rails for Toddlers
Unlike most be rails, this is one of the best. During the day when your child wants to make their bed or when they wake up from a long night sleep, you can easily roll the bed rail under the mattress without disassembling it. This makes it easier to pull it out again at night and attach the straps for a more firm grip when the child is sleeping.
- Frames are made of durable steel and covered with a strong mesh nylon fabric.
- The gap guard protection ensures your child doesn’t slip between the mattress and the rail.
- Slides along-track and is stored between the bed and the mattress.
- Measures 54*20 inches for added security.
- Can be safely tucked away during the day without disassembling it.
- They are easy to put together.
- Is strong and durable and grows with your kid.
- Fits on most beds.
- Are lightweight and easy to move around.
- Can only be used on a box spring bed.
8. SURPCOS Bed Rails for Toddlers
Apart from supporting your child during sleep, bed rails are basically not used for other purposes when the kids are grown. Therefore, you will need to make maximum use it whole they are young. These come in a classic carrying bag that you can use to transport the bed rail on your travels. The bag can also be used for other purposes like carrying baby essentials. They are made in different sizes so that you can always choose a size suitable for kid’s bed.
- Bottom bar firm attaches on the mattress to avoid kids falling off.
- Has a safety lock button for adjusting the height.
- Is made of a durable steel frame and soft material wrapping protection.
- Comes in different sizes to fit on different beds.
- Is easy to fix without additional tools.
- Comes with a manual to aid in assembling.
- The mesh is seamless with a see-through design and is breathable.
- Is firm to ensure if when the toddler is standing, they don’t fall off.
- Comes with a storage bag for baby essentials.
- With the safety button on the outside, it is hard to lock yourself in when on the bed with your kid.
7. MILLIARD Bed Rails for Toddlers
Milliard bed rails are one of a kind and unique. Instead of the normal side fixes, you get a foam pillow-like bed rail that is firm and long all the way from head to toe. They fit perfectly under the bed sheets ensuring that they can be fixed anytime and removed anytime. They have a slim design that ensures they don’t take a lot of bed space so that your child sleeps comfortably.
- Has waterproof backing lines to protect the foam from any kinds of damage.
- Cover is made of super soft bamboo fabric.
- Has a non-slip bottom to keep it in one place.
- Measures 52*7*4.5 for all ages.
- They are easy to set up.
- The covers are made of hypoallergenic fabric which suits all.
- Are easy to carry on travels.
- Works with all kinds of beds.
- Cover any kinds of spacing between the mattress and the rail.
- Covers are thick and not easy to clean by hand.
6. REGALO Bed Rails for Toddlers
This bed rail is uniquely built so that any chance of your child slipping off the bed is avoided. The provided gap guard provides zero spacing where your child can get stuck in their sleep. Their strong steel frames are meant to ensure that under no circumstances, even when your child dims is leaning on them, can they collapse or break. The anchoring strap is one final proof that makes sure that the whole set up is extremely firm.
- They have a swing-down button to help your kid get out of bed.
- The gap guard functionality ensures no gaps between the mattress and the rail.
- Are made of a steel frame and covered with a durable mesh nylon fabric.
- Has an anchoring strap that secures the bedrail to the bed.
- Fits most beds.
- Measures 43*18 inches.
- Are easy to set up without extra tools.
- They are extra sturdy to lean on.
- Are safe for kids of all ages.
- Can’t be set up on baby cribs.
5. COMFY BUMPY
Comfy bumpy as the name states is one comfy bedrail. Sometimes when you purchase the bed rails, it is unlikely that you will find one matching your comfort level so most times your compromise. For these ones, you don’t have to compromise anymore. Their unique bases are made to ensure that no matter what your bed type is, they can fit easily on the bed so that attach on the rails. Each of them is unique to a different kind of bed, providing enough height even for thicker ones.
- Are made of high-quality mesh and metal.
- Measures 59*19.5 inches for all kids.
- Have an easy fold design for when not in use.
- Comes with Velcro to connect to slat bases.
- Fits all kinds of beds.
- Comes with screws for wooden bases and straps for box spring mattresses.
- Are super sturdy even when kids lean on them.
- Has breathable mesh on the side.
- They don’t form uncomfortable bumps under the mattress.
- Can only be used for kids above 2 years.
4. HICCAPOP Bed Rails for Toddlers
When your child is awake, they hold on to the bed rail awaiting for you to go and get them. This means, when you are fixing your bed rail, it should be very firm. HICCAPOP bed rails have reinforced anchors that provide extra support for such scenarios. They are also made from hypoallergenic material that doesn’t react and is not harmful to your little one. This ensures you can trust the brand without having to cut corners or overpay for quality.
- Are made of durable plastic and metal frames with nylon covers.
- Has a reinforced anchor that holds the rail tightly to the bed.
- Conveniently folds down with safety latches.
- Are extra tall for thick mattresses.
- Does not require tools to assemble.
- Are made with an extra height so that a thick mattress doesn’t overshadow them.
- Have a sturdy frame to avoid collapsing under pressure.
- Are durable.
- Have a stylish design to easily fit the bedroom decor.
- Older kids are likely to go over them during the day if you use it to keep in when they are not sleeping.
3. HICCAPOP 1 PACK
HICCAPOP high-quality bed rails ensure that you are getting the most out of what you purchased. Their pillow-like bedrails are made with soft and firm fabric to keep your child on the bed. As children grow up, you may notice that occasionally, they have a tendency to bed wet and you made bed to clean all other stuff. For these kinds of accidents, these bed rails are made with a waterproof and easy to remove and clean cover.
- Are waterproof in case of a bedwetting accident.
- The non-skid bottom helps the rails to hold firmly on the bed.
- Are made of hypoallergenic and nontoxic material.
- Are 4.5*52 inches for the ultimate protection.
- Have an easy to remove cover that is machine washable.
- Are of high quality and can last a long time.
- Have a narrow width to provide you with a larger sleeping area.
- Are easy to install.
- Can fit in all beds and most bed sheets.
- Can’t be used on top bunks or loft beds.
2. SUMMER INFANT
Summer infant bed rails are quite a good call for your growing child. With a zero chance of suffocating your child, they are made with a breathable mesh that protects the child in their sleep. This makes them one of the best for young children. The polyester material on the edges is easy to clean in case of messes and reduces the chance of checking on small debris as it doesn’t scratch easily.
- Has a slip down design that helps your kid get off the bed easily.
- Measures 42.5*21 inches to accommodate even thick mattresses.
- Have breathable mesh.
- Are made of strong and durable material.
- Is easy to assemble.
- Polyester material is easy to clean.
- Have sturdy frames to increase support.
- Are very firm ensuring they don’t leave spaces between them and the bed.
- The design is fitting and classy for any bedroom decor.
- Mesh is soft and easily scratched.
1. COMFY BUMPY
Comfy bumpy has put children safety as their number one priority. By ensuring that they develop, time after time, a unique bed rail that will ensure your child grows normally, slowly learning how to sleep without a bed rail. They are padded on the sides to prevent injuries and the frames are strong, firm and durable. They can be fitted in different bed types as they provide a unique design for different beds.
- Have a breathable mesh on the sides.
- Sides are perfectly padded to protect babies from any injuries.
- The frames are made from durable premium steel.
- Measure 35.5*19.5 for even thick mattresses.
- Comfortably fits on most beds.
- Folds perfectly over the bed frame.
- Comes with different bases to securely fit on all bed types.
- They are sleek and stylish for most home decors.
- Have extra height for thick beds.
- Can only be used for beds with children above 2 years.
The size of a good bed rails matters a lot, especially because if it doesn’t fit end to end, you will always wonder where your child is likely to slip off through. To avoid these insecurities, ensure that you provide measurements so that you see if they match. This way you will get the best sizes for all bed types.
When you are buying a bed rail, you can’t possibly buy the same bed size for infants with older children above 2 years. This causes a conflict as they are different and when the older ones are learning to get out of bed on their own, the younger ones are learning how to stand on them.
Bedrails are supposed to be safe for your children. Therefore, if they are made of materials that you suspect can harm your child in any way it is better to completely avoid them. Your child’s safety comes first at all times.
As your child grows, their sleeping patterns change and with time, they learn to sleep on their own and sleeping at night becomes a habit. This way, you can train them on how to sleep on their own by introducing a firm bedrail that will support them and ensure they don’t fall off the bed. Any of these bedrails is built to suit the needs of your child as well as match the bed type of your desire.
This provides security for your baby ensuring that you don’t have to keep on checking up on your child to see if they are on the bed or under it.